20091029

SQL 2005 FTS Thesaurus Difficulties

Had my list of names all setup, dropped it into the file, it was all formatted correctly, then no test searches used of the expansions.  Pared the file down to just the original test I was working with, got it to work again, added another group of names, nothing.  went through and found some duplicate lines, removed the duplicates, got two sets of expansions to work, so I think if I remove all duplicates from my file it will work.  I can understand not allowing duplicates in the file, I just wish it would have let me know that was the problem.

As far as I can tell:  DUPLICATES ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE THESAURUS FILE

UPDATE: Duplicates are not Allowed, see SQL 2005 FTS Thesaurus Doesn't Allow Duplicate Terms PROOF!

No comments:

Post a Comment